Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A TIMELESS KNOWING - MAHIMA PUSHKARNA

It was a primitive race that found it's heat in the lava-like deliquescent metal and its breath in a solar winter. Mankind had gone though one complete Darwinian cycle, leaving one sole survivor on Earth. The concept of fire was as alien as the understanding of the erratic behavior of the sky and the land and the wind and the rain. Every single day the land became hotter and the sky colder, and every day was longer than the previous. No such thing as paranoia existed anymore; it had given way to hysteria, and that had slowly faded into a curiosity of what would happen next.

A small rock fired past me and straight into what used to be Africa. Zimbabwe was reduced to, if possible, more fused metal and radiations. Some debris broke off the continent and floated into a warped orbit around earth. I turned and continued searching for an approximation of my earth-home and scanning for any glowing verterenoscere. I, R4P70R-v2 am one of the three successes of the Eden Capsule. When the world as we knew it was coming to an end, I was volunteered to be a part of the capsule. One man, one woman, and two children would be exposed to selective radiation mutation that would destroy their natural DNA, and capacitate the body to produce engineered DNA. DNA that would comprise of all the knowledge in the world and all the virtues of the world and everything that was positive about each human being.

The process would have seen an intensive study of each individual possible and would have spanned overer close to a century.The atmosphere had been diminishing at a constant rate, and exposure to the harsh heat of the sun had been growing. After 300 solar years of it, a sudden cloud cover replaced the bright harsh sun for a year. Little did we know that this was the start of our sun dying. We had no atmosphere to protect us, and our only source of energy was consuming us. I woke up one morning in the radiation room which was fondly called the "Garden". 28 hours later, four capsules were launched into space. The last thing I can remember, a blue and brown planet erupting into flames. Over eight centuries later, I'm still wandering in space hoping to find the other three capsules of the Garden of Eden while faithfully going about the duties etched into my synthetic genes. A familiar patch in the clouds appeared- a lunar verterenoscere. Mankind on earth had discovered a little bit more about itself. I focused and my eyes zoomed in towards the glowing verterenoscere. Relief. I had been wondering how long they would take to discover it. Recording and Documentation. Man would now develop and preserve a first-hand account of the afterlife of his kind. I hit the twelfth and last green panel; the capsule started processing the data being sent by the verterenoscere. Name. Age. Sex. I don't know what that is but I know I am human and I just learned how to speak and write for others. I came across another big green thing that was glowing pink around it. I placed my hand where it fit, and just like the others, saw a big green moon in the sky glow with a pink aura around it. And now I know how to speak and write and everybody around me understands me. It’s miraculous, and we need to go hunting for more greens. I found another one some time ago, and ever since I have been able to gather and hunt down food and fix myself when the red oozes and I feel funny and happy when I see different humans. Not all, some I feel angry and irritated at. These greens are good, another human who was different from all other humans, told me. There will be twelve greens but the thirteenth green will not be green or good. I was told to stay away from the white in the non-green-green. I'm not sure what twelve or thirteen is but I do want to know. There was another green that only half green. Ever since I pressed that green I need to organize everything. I need to create some system by which I can know. By which I can arrange, I can know. But not all humans understood when I pressed it. Only some of us did. I did not like it. I was different. It made us all different. I still do not understand why. I was thinking about it too much, which was a bad thing to do because I fell into a hole and I kept on falling. I fell down into a red place. It was cold and nice not like above the hole. The red place had small black things, doing a tribal dance. The things had •|•|•|•|•|•| legs and were very very small. Next to them I saw the fitting place. Only it was white. I looked up at the hole before I pressed it, and I saw some kind of green. "I really like green", I thought while putting my hand. "But this is a not-green-green." A moment later I realized my mistake and it was too late. It made us all different. I still do not understand why. I was thinking about it too much, which was a bad thing to do because I fell into a hole and I kept on falling. (926 words)

AVY COMMENTS:
I feel that your writing began fantastically well but as it progressed it regressed.
This is a brilliant story idea.
Develop this by ironing out all the confusions and contradictions into your final story.
You can develop this as your final story.

No comments:

Post a Comment